Yesterday was amazing. I made so many incredible contacts and hadd so many learning experiences and they kept going until late in the evening. Here are just some highlights:
- Met Tara Hunt (@missrogue) and chatted about sxswsmiles
- Met the guys from an incredible micro-loan program called opt-in (www.optinnow.com)
- Gave away 400 hand bills for sxswsmiles
- Had my picture taken with the segway blow up doll. Segway asked "How tdo you roll?"
- Met and chatted with David Meerman Scott who offered up some great advice and encouragement (www.davidmeermanscott)
- Talked to a guy from Google about doing a Google Smiles day with the "What makes you Smile" concept-he's coming by today to chat more
- Talked to Scott Goodstein from the Obama social media campaign about our social media strategy and online/offline promotions
- Talked with a kiosk and trade show designer about working on "The Operation Smile Experience" traveling show-his company does amazing work and is looking for a charity to partner with
- Talked to a game design company about designing an interactive compnent to "The Operation Smile Experience"
- Will be story boarding "The Operation Smile Experience" today
- Talked to innovative user generated t-shirt company Threadless about partnering on a t-shirt design contest (www.threadless.com)
- Had dinner with folks from Beaconfire, Hewlett Packard, FreeRange Studios in preperation and celebration for today
Gotta run, check out the photo stream at www.operationsmile.org/sxsw to see the folks that come by as we ask "What makes you smile?"